Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 21 November 2014

'Sunshine Blankets' and 'Shawls' arrive at HQ Thank you!

Good Morning to you all!

I would like to thank 'Ginnyknit' for sending in four Sunshine Blankets today. The Squares were sent to 'Ginnyknit' from Linda of 'Chalky's World'. 'Ginnyknit' has made a superb job of putting the Squares together and I'm sure you will agree they are going to be loved by Residents in the Homes.

We have two Christmasy Blankets amongst them  which is a nice change especially for this time of year I can't wait to show you.



Decorated with the usual Ribbon and Butterflies they are going to be lovely Gifts for the Residents.
I am in need of spare Ribbons Ladies so if anyone has any on Christmas presents this year that they
can't find a use for would you consider sending to me for the 'SIBOL' project please? There are very often Ribbons on bales of Towels, Chocolates and other Gifts that we could find a use for.

Butterflies are always useful too so if you want to Crochet any please feel free to send them. I will give you the Link over to Nettie's Blog in Australia. I warn you these Butterflies are very addictive and once you have mastered one you will probably want to do more. Any colour, any size would be perfect thank  you so much.



These Blankets are superb!






Thank you so much 'Ginnyknit'.

Now 'Ginnyknit' has introduced her friend Jill to our 'SIBOL' project and this morning I have
received some beautiful Shawls from her. These three Shawls have been made so beautifully and they will be very useful indeed for Residents in a Care Home. I have actually counted the ones upstairs this morning and with these three I now have 24! It's really surprising how quickly they add up. I can assure you the Residents are loving them in the Homes and I'm grateful to you Jill and everyone else for making them.

I hope you like the photos Jill many thanks.





Absolutely gorgeous thank you Jill.

What an exciting day again today!

Thank you both for your 'SIBOL' donations and for following the 'SIBOL' Blog too!

If anyone else has items for 'SIBOL' please could you let me know by email that they are on their way. My deadline date is end of November now. We will start again in the New Year thanks so much.

My email address is 
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

I'm Sue

 x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Tinny did such a beautiful job with those squares xxxx

    ReplyDelete