Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 24 September 2014

Today's goodies!

Good afternoon and welcome to our 'SIBOL' Blog,

Well I've had quite a delivery today -  three parcels full of wonderful goodies for Residents in our Care Homes. I would like to thank 'jessiebonbon' and also 'Liztelf' for sending in some superb work.

First of all let's take a look at two pretty Sunshine Blankets sent in by Liztelf.

The first one is called  'Eight Pointed Flower Power'. The pattern is by Julie Yeager.

Liztelf this is such a pretty Sunshine Blanket. The Squares are really very interesting and each one is made in a different coloured yarn which is Stylecraft.  I just love the flat braid joining method you have used and I know this Blanket is going to be loved by a very lucky Resident. The Blanket measures roughly 38" Square which is a great size for someone and it is going to be so warm.

If you would like more information on this Blanket please follow the LINK.




and a close up of the Squares now. Superb work! I love it thank you.

002




The next one is called 'Let it Snow!' Details are on this LINK.

Another pretty Square used in this Blanket and once again a beautiful selection of colours used. I'm ever so grateful to you Liztelf. I know how much time goes in to the making of just one Blanket but to make two well I think that's very kind of you.




004

A pretty Square and this Blanket is so.....colourful!
Thank you very much!

Not only did Liztelf make two Sunshine Blankets for Residents she also made a Shawl.
I love this Shawl - a simple Half Granny Shawl made in  lovely shades of Grey.

I am so grateful to you Liztelf thank you so much for all your hard work.




'jessiebonbon' has also sent in three pairs of Gloves for Residents in Care Homes. If you remember I have been asking if anyone would like to make a small Knitted or Crocheted item which we can give out at Christmas time. Items such as Gloves, Scarves, Bed Socks, Warm Hats, Crocheted or Knitted Slippers, Bed Jackets etc. would be very much appreciated thank you.

'jessiebonbon' has sent in these wonderful Gloves. The Brown ones would be great for a Man. Thank you so much. She also sent in some pretty Butterflies for our Blankets. I'm grateful to you too 'jessiebonbon'. I will be sure to give them out at Christmas time.





'SIBOL' is a place where we can be creative but at the same time doing something worthwhile for the Elderly and if you think you can support us in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

I'm Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you.

Thank you to Liztelf and  jessiebonbon for today's donations!

x




1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful blankets and the gloves and shawl ate beautiful also! :)
    _____
    Lee Ann
    Crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete