Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 4 June 2014

'Butterfly Month' and Blankets from Singapore and the Netherlands.

Hi everyone!

We have just come in to June and I thought it would be nice to declare it as 'Butterly month'. So if  you have lots of spare yarn in your Stash why not make some Crocheted or Knitted Butterflies for 'SIBOL'. We attach these to our 'Sunshine Blankets' for the Elderly and  I have also been invited to do a short talk about our 'SIBOL' project in July. I thought it would be nice to take a Basket of Butterflies to give out to the Members in the Group. It is a local Church Knitting Group and they heard about our project through one of the Homes I have visited.  So I will need to replenish my Butterfly Stash.

The Link is HERE for the Crocheted Butterflies. My friend Nettie in Australia very kindly put up a video tutorial and I'm sure once you have tried one you will get addicted.

I also have a written pattern version HERE if that's easier for you.

Of course there are many patterns both Knitted and Crocheted on the internet. You don't have to follow this one.

You are also invited to make a Shawl for our 'SIBOL' project. I have recently taken Shawls in to the Homes and they are always accepted so well. What's nicer than to have a warm Shawl around your shoulders! It can be Knitted or Crocheted and a great way of using that un-wanted yarn up.

I have a Link HERE over to our RAV thread talking about Shawls. There are many different patterns available on RAVELRY in the pattern section too. HERE

It would be really lovely if over the coming months we could reach our 1,000 'Sunshine Blanket' so  I am inviting you all to join in! For all information please follow the LINK to SIBOL CHALLENGES. It gives you all the information you will need on making one. Sizes etc.,  Today we have reached 721 and it has  been made by 'Pink Lemons' from Singapore. This Blanket is absolutely stunning. The colours go together so well and it's a perfect size too for an older person. The Blanket also comes with some pretty Butterflies and some un-wanted Ribbon.


721 'Pink Lemons' RAV thank you!


002


003

Here is a LINK for the above Blanket. Thanks to joyce28!

004


'SIBOL' is a place where we can be creative. We are making Shawls and Blankets for the Elderly in Care Homes but we are also trying out new Skills ourselves and 'Pink Lemons' has more ideas to try so I look forward to another Blanket. Thank you so much.  You have spent a lot of time on making the Blanket and Butterflies and it is very much appreciated.

If you would like to join us over on RAVELRY please do! The more the merrier!
Here's the LINK.

I would like to thank joyce28 for offering to take some 'Sunshine Blankets' in to Care Homes near to her home in East Grinstead and thanks also to Sarah for offers of help.

I think that's about all for now, thanks everyone!

x Sue x

I'M BACK WITH A LATE UP-DATE!

Yodel couriers arrived around tea time with beautiful Blankets from our friends Ellen and Madelon in the Netherlands. How kind of you both to send Blankets together!  Madelon's Blankets are called 'Chocolate, Coffee and Cream' and 'Fireworks'. Thank you both so much. Both Blankets have been made in gorgeous yarn. They really are lovely and warm and ideal for our Elderly folk in Care Homes. What an exciting day today!

Let's take a look now.


722 ''Fireworks'. made by Madelon in The Netherlands.



017


723 'Chocolate, Coffee and Cream' made by Madelon (Netherlands). Thank you.


016


012



015
/

013


014



The Good ol' Granny Square whether they are small ones or large make really beautiful Blankets.

Thank you both too for your very kind words about our 'SIBOL' Project. Very much appreciated.

MADELON - I'm trying to find your email address. Please mail me. sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Thank you! 

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment