Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 12 August 2012

'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills.

Hi everyone!

I would like to thank Ladies who have contacted me over the past few days taking an interest in our 'SIBOL' project.  It's been lovely to chat to you and it's nice that you have found our 'SIBOL' Blog.

I'm really sorry though that I cannot accept squares at the moment. I am at present working hard trying to get the squares made up that I have at home.

We have been terribly busy over the last few months delivering our blankets to Nursing Homes and Sheltered accommodation and yesterday I loaded up  photos of  SIBOL '238'.  So it just shows you how many we have made. Apart from 4 which are the Wiggles, Heart, Cavalry Twill and 'Think Pink' (3) all the rest have been hand-delivered to Elderly folk in Nursing homes local to where I live, Dorset and Cheshire.
Our blankets have been so well received, I can't tell you how grateful the Residents have been. They thought they were all so pretty decorated with ribbons and they particularly liked the Butterflies.

I do want to concentrate on making up the squares that I have here at the moment. I am determined to get the bags finished before the end of the year. However, there is nothing to stop you from making squares. If you feel you would like to make up a blanket and send to 'SIBOL' I would be very happy to receive 'made up blankets'. For sizes SIBOL CHALLENGES.

toureasy47201 over on Flickr sent me an email the other day and in it she said , "So many people have benefited from your SIBOL work, and not just those who have received blankets, but those who have contributed the squares. You have given them a charitable outlet for their crochet skills".

I'm sure she won't mind me letting you read this. But I thought yes 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crochet skills, and indeed Knitting too! We not only work hard all year for the Elderly but we are also a great group of Women who come together mainly on Ravelry and chat, share ideas & patterns, enjoy Square swaps, take part in Challenges and basically have lots of fun.  You certainly are putting your Crocheting and Knitting skills to good uses for 'SIBOL' and others learn from you too!

Our recent Olympic work has shown your 'creativity' and as I watch the Olympics on TV I recall the squares that have arrived at my home. I'm finishing my post now but I would like to leave you with some of the photos of the designs you made raising money for Alzheimer's here in the UK. You definitely are the most 'creative group of women' I know!
The Flag of Mauritania made by akarapacha (RAV).


The Flag of USA made by akarapacha (RAV).


joyce28 (UK) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you so much! Gorgeous!


Can I inspire you? Olympics London 2012 Challenge.


Your 'creativity' has raised a lot of money for charities we have been supporting and I would like to thank you all very much.

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment