Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 4 August 2012

Busy day at 'Two Times'.

Good afternoon and thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

I have such a lot to show you today! Let's start with some squares from 'The Wool Stop'. These squares
have arrived this morning and I can't wait to work with them. Beautiful colours including superb variegated yarn which make these squares so...interesting. The centres are really pretty. Thank you so much for sending them to 'SIBOL'.


Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
I would like to thank Sally very much for making up three lots of Knitted squares for me. I'm sure you will agree she has put these squares together so well! The squares have come in from Craft Groups mainly in the UK, but there are a few squares from others too! So thanks everyone!
Thanks to everyone for contributing squares for this blanket.
Thanks to everyone for contributing squares for this blanket.
Thanks to everyone that sent in squares for this blanket. Thanks Sally for assembling!
Also many thanks to Marilyn for making up some crocheted squares for me. This blanket too has come out so...well!
Thanks to everyone for these squares!


I'm very grateful to everyone for helping me with 'take a bag' of squares! Thank you. Thanks to everyone that have contributed squares too for these gorgeous blankets. Let's take a closer look at these blankets now.


Created with flickr slideshow.


I would also like to thank Bethelofbethania for the wonderful supply of yarn received at 'Two Times'. I am most grateful to you Bethel, thank you!

bethelofbethania very kindly sent me some yarn for SIBOL. Thank you!


All the way from Australia. Thank you dear Bethel!

Before I finish my Blog post  I would very much like to wish Kathryn all the very best with her new book. A lot of you may know Kathryn of Crochet Concupiscence already.   Yesterday I received an email telling me that her new book is now on sale and I would just like to take this opportunity of letting you all know.  I haven't got my copy yet  I am ordering it  this evening but from what I have read this is going to be such a good read.

In all the time I have  been collecting squares for 'SIBOL' I have met such a lot of lovely Ladies from all walks of life and they have told me how Crocheting relaxes them and helps them through really difficult times.

Kathryn has written a book 'Crochet Saved My Life' and it is  based on her own experience of using crochet in conjunction with therapy and medication to survive lifelong, life-threatening depression. When she first began to tell people that she was writing about how crochet had saved her life, she expected to be laughed at. Instead, she was inundated with story upon story from people who felt that the craft had saved their lives as well. The author went on to interview nearly two-dozen women about their experiences. The group is made up of women who are professionals in the industry, working as crochet designers, craft book editors, and crochet bloggers as well as women from other walks of life. This new book shares their stories along with her own to highlight the many facets of crochet that make it a great therapeutic tool for people of all ages.

Kathryn also tells me that 'SIBOL' has a tiny mention at the back of the book for Charity work. Thank you very much!

I am going to give you the links, please pop over and order your copy!

Kathryn's Blog

The official purchase page.

It's on Amazon here.

Well I think that's it for now, enjoy the Olympics this evening. I am thoroughly enjoying them! Well done Team GB!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment