Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 25 August 2012

A lot to see on 'SIBOL'.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today.  I have been very busy receiving blankets over the past few days and we surely have received some beauties.  As I have a lot to show you I am putting each blanket on to a seperate post, so would you please take the time to go back posts and view everyones blankets? I really wouldn't want you to miss any, thank you.

This first post starts with Kate's blanket which I received today. Kate is here in the UK.

This is a gorgeous blanket made in really nice colour combinations. There is nothing like the Granny as I have said before. Each Square is made in one block of colour and don't you think when put together they all go so well together?

A beautiful Granny Square blanket in wonderful colour combinations!




 I found some bright pink ribbon upstairs in my ribbon stash and I think it really suits the blanket, also some Butterflies from Katia in France which really decorate the blanket beautifully.

Kate was telling me that she loves our 'SIBOL' website and actually found our Group by googling 'Knitting for UK charities'. I am so glad you found us Kate and that you think our project worthwhile of your time. When I first started thinking about making blankets I too found it difficult to find anywhere that accepted blankets in the UK. That was another reason I thought I would start my own. I'm glad I did!

Kate tells me she only learnt to crochet this year and she found making the blanket for 'SIBOL' really good practice.  Yes I agree with you, SIBOL is a way of putting your skills to the test and I hope when we start our Challenges next year you'll have a go with those too! I am really pleased you have enjoyed making the blanket Kate, and if there is anything we can help you with please ask.  Why not join our Group over on RAVELRY?

We have a really friendly Group over there and I'm sure the other Ladies would love to give you advice if any was needed!

Here I am babbling again, let's take a look at your lovely blanket, thanks so much for making this for our Elderly folk.


Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
 
 
Please carry on to previous posts where you will see some really lovely blankets.
Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!
 
x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment