Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 14 December 2011

Challenge Squares Flying in!

Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today.

May I first of all thank everyone for the comments on SIBOL and also Ravelry regarding the Blankets that were sent to Dorset. It was very nice of you all.

Well yesterday afternoon our Postie came rather late and by that time it was too dark to take photos of Squares received from ATheeC.  So this morning I have taken some for you.  I would like to thank ATheeC for the gorgeous Challenge Squares she sent to me. She has been rather busy making Squares for our Jan Eaton Blanket, Owl Blanket, One Heart From Around the World and also the Irish Rose Blanket. I must say each one is just so lovely. She also found time to make four Squares for our SIBOL Stash.

Four Squares for our SIBOL Stash.Thanks so much ATheeC!


Nothing like a good old Granny!

I have made a Slide Show for you now ATheeC, sit back and enjoy and many thanks! I'm sure everyone will love them.



Created with flickr slideshow.



Our Challenges have just started again and if you would like to take part you will need to fly over to our SIBOL Challenge Blog.  It is very important that you read instructions about the Size of Square required and also how to send your Square. The only information not on there is my address and that is available from myself on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net


As the weeks go on I would like to give you details about each Challenge on here too. Just to remind you all about the Blanket for the Jersey Textile Showcase. If you are interested please read the following instructions. Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

'Your Local Landscape Challenge' (URGENT 7TH JANUARY DEADLINE).

Jersey Textile Showcase 2012

Recently I saw an advert in one of the magazines advertising ‘Jersey Textile Showcase 2012’.
Apart from competitions they hold each year,
(OUR BLANKET WOULD BE CLASSED TOO LARGE TO ENTER FOR THE COMPETITION)
they also have work on Show in their Exhibition. Afterwards they sell the Exhibition items to raise money for MENCAP.

I propose to try and make a Blanket which would be put on Exhibition.
The title would be 'YOUR LOCAL LANDSCAPE’

The title can be taken as widely as you wish.
It could be whatever you see out of your 'Window'.
Some people living near the Sea might be producing work in Blues.
If you live in the Country you could be producing work in Green’s
Or if you see Gardens you could be producing a piece of work in Mixed colours
You could if you wanted to make it up! No one would know!

So imagine your 6” Square is your 'Window’
What do you see out of your 'Window' ? Where ever you live!

Please make ONE or TWO  6" (15cms x 15cms) Squares
Crocheted or Knitted
In any colours you like
Acrylic yarn if possible
(With your view)
This might be a hard Challenge.

SQUARES HAVE TO ARRIVE AT SIBOL HQ BY 7th JANUARY PLEASE
So Squares have to be made as soon as you can please and sent to me.
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
For my address.

I have been promised by the Organiser Pat that she will take photos of the Blanket on Exhibition for us and also let us know how much the Blanket was sold for. I would not be able to get to Jersey, and she has said she would do this for me.

I do like to do these special Charity Blankets. I hope we can do more of them.
So Ladies why not have a go!

Are you fed up with rushing around trying to get those last minute Christmas presents? Why not take a break? Put the Kettle on and while you are waiting for it to boil, why not look out of your Window? What do you see? What is your Local Landscape? Do you see fields, buildings, garden? Or maybe you are living near to the Sea? Why don't you try and make a 6" (15cms x 15cms) Square Knitted or Crocheted with 'your view!'.

I would love to receive it for our special Blanket. There is a deadline of 7th January though. I'm afraid it is rather near and we do have Christmas in between. But when the Kids are tucked up in bed on the evenings why not have a bit of time for yourself and make a Square?  The Blanket will be sold in Jersey and all proceeds will be sent on to Mencap which is a really good cause.

I need lots more Squares! If you want to do two that's fine with me. If you want to make a view up, that's fine too. No one will know.

Thank you so much!

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment